The Swoop® System Training Experience: Preparing Technologists for Portable MR Brain Imaging
- The Swoop® Portable MR Imaging® system is changing the healthcare imaging landscape.
- Imaging technologists are instrumental in the success of imaging programs.
- Hyperfine, Inc. dedicates resources to training with category A CE credits approved by the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT®).
Imagine a world where MR brain imaging is accessible at the patient's bedside, transforming patient care in unprecedented ways. This vision is now a reality with the Swoop Portable MR Imaging system. In traditional hospital settings, MRI scanners often pose logistical and safety challenges. The Swoop system addresses these concerns, and Hyperfine, Inc. is working to reshape the landscape of neuroimaging. As healthcare providers embrace this new technology, it's essential to recognize the role of technologists, who are instrumental in leveraging the Swoop system's capabilities.
Technologists are the Core of Productive Imaging Departments
Dedicated technologists are the backbone of any successful hospital imaging department. They specialize in medical imaging and radiation therapy, focusing on enhancing patient care quality and safety. Their role is pivotal in making patients feel comfortable and ensuring image quality meets the exacting standards for confident diagnosis.
Why is MR safety with the Swoop system unique?
- Portability: Unlike conventional MRI scanners, the Swoop system can be used outside a shielded room.
- Ultra-low field: With a 64-millitesla field strength, the Swoop system has a significantly smaller magnetic field than conventional 1.5 of 3 tesla MRI scanners.
- User-friendly: The Swoop system can be operated by adequately trained hospital personnel, expanding its usability beyond MR technologists to include x-ray technologists and other medical staff.
Training and Category A CE Credits Approved by the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT®)
Hyperfine, Inc. partners with technologists for comprehensive training. This training covers operational protocols and contributes towards category A CE credits approved by ASRT®. A cornerstone of this training is ‘Hyperweek.’
Hyperweek: A Deep Dive into Training
One of the critical components of Swoop system implementation and training is ‘Hyperweek.’ During this week, the Hyperfine, Inc. team works on-site with hospital teams, focusing on:
- The unique safety requirements of the Swoop system.
- Operational protocols specific to each hospital's needs.
- Hands-on practice sessions for real-world preparedness.
After completing this training, technologists can submit their Hyperfine, Inc. provided certificate to the ASRT®.
The Swoop system is a patient-centered innovation. Its portability means the potential for less stress and more comfort for patients. We've seen cases where the Swoop system's accessibility and ease of use have made a tangible difference in patient care. This focus on patient care benefits patients and plays a crucial role in enhancing the overall workflow in hospitals.
Enhancing Hospital Workflow
When a hospital decides to integrate the Swoop system, the Hyperfine, Inc. team works diligently to align hospital protocols with the system's capabilities. This seamless integration ensures that the Swoop system becomes integral to the hospital's patient care approach.
The Swoop portable MR brain imaging system is more than an imaging device—it's a leap forward in patient-centric brain health care. Hyperfine, Inc. is leading the way in innovative medical imaging by partnering with technologists and focusing on continuing education and training.
We invite you to explore our website to learn more about the benefits of the Hyperfine, Inc. Swoop Portable MR Imaging system.
Click here to learn more about the ASRT®.