Swoop® Portable MR Imaging® System
Details and specifications.
What does a portable MR imaging machine look like?
The Hyperfine, Inc. Swoop system is the only portable ultra-low-field MR brain imaging system available that can move to the patient’s bedside, plug into a standard electrical outlet, and acquire critical images within minutes. Anytime, anywhere—the Swoop system brings brain imaging within reach.
AI-powered software. The Swoop system uses artificial intelligence algorithms to improve overall image quality and support diagnostic confidence.
1. Tablet controller. A 12.9-inch Apple® iPad Pro® mobile digital device (included) makes exam setup, scan initiation, and image export simple.
2. Power supply. The Swoop system plugs into a regular wall outlet and is ready to scan in less than two minutes. Astonishingly efficient, the system uses just 900 watts, about the same power as a coffee maker.
3. Gauss guard. The system assures safety with a convenient 5-gauss-line guard that quickly expands and contracts.
4. Transfer bridge. The transfer bridge unfolds for easy bedside patient loading. Fold the bridge back up to move the system to your next patient.
5. Shield door and sensors. Operation requires no external shielding with built-in continuous ‘noise cancellation’ of electromagnetic interference and the specific design of our shield door.
6. Head coil. A multi-channel removable head coil comes encased in clear, durable, and easy-to-disinfect polycarbonate plastic.
7. Casters and Joystick. The Swoop system easily moves between patients, courtesy of a joystick and powered drive wheels.
Swoop System Specifications
The Swoop portable ultra-low-field MR brain imaging system can go nearly anywhere in healthcare facilities. Compact and highly portable, the Swoop system is ideal for brain imaging in intensive care units, pediatric facilities, and other clinical settings.
The Swoop system magnet is 64 mT. The system stands 59 inches tall and 33 inches wide and weighs approximately 1,400 pounds. Imaging sequences include T1, T2, FLAIR, and DWI (with ADC map)—all directed by a user interface on an iPad Pro® (included). Click here to learn more about the Swoop system’s sequences.
Apple and iPad Pro are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
Point-of-care MRI Applications
Portable MR Brain Imaging in ICUs
A Swoop system in an intensive care unit enables timely brain imaging at the point of care, eliminates the need to transport critically ill patients to radiology, and reduces the time required to coordinate clinical schedules and support staff.
Portable MR Brain Imaging in Pediatric Facilities
An open and safe design allows family members to stay close, provide comfort during brain imaging, and even hold their loved one’s hand. The Swoop system also eliminates the risk of ionizing radiation for pediatric patients—a concern with CT imaging.
Portable MR Brain Imaging and Radiology
The Swoop system is a valuable clinical tool with the potential to improve neurocritical care workflows and patient outcomes by increasing access to brain imaging and avoiding cumbersome patient transport to conventional MRI systems.